Siauliai - Jis yra vienas iš Sauliaus?

13 posts in this topic

Aš ieškau draugo nuo kaimynystėje kasti Saulių. Ar jis čia?

"Google" vertėjas

Hello, im living in Szawle now, and im looking for a friend for digging. Its posible to finde here somone ? 

Metalo detektoriai

Hey im not Lithuanian, im Polish. I had a lot of problems to translate your language to log in to your forum.

Hey im not Lithuanian, im Polish. I had a lot of problems to translate your language to log in to your forum.

But digging in Lithuania is dangerous.

Better not. Many problems.

In Lithuania:You see a digger call police. :)

Yep, junt recently in the news people were told to call police if they see someone digging with MD. Unless you find a guy who diggs in his land or with the permision of the owner. Sorry for bad news..

• Like 1

Guys in Poland is the same, but people don't call to Police. So do you Stoped Digging here?? Isn't posible digging far from buildings ?

Guys in Poland is the same, but people don't call to Police. So do you Stoped Digging here?? Isn't posible digging far from buildings ?

As long as you are not looking for a cultural/historical heritage then no problem. It is a big problem in our country. Get permission from a landowner and make sure you are not digging on a cultural/historical territory or a nature reserve. If you find something from archaeology and etc., you have 7 days to inform and pass it to Department of Cultural Heritage.

To be on a safe side, never ever say that you are looking for something old and etc. (as it is against the law). Just testing your MD, looking for keys or something (that is your legal right and do not allow to abuse your rights). MD is not forbidden in Lithuania.

P. S. I think, I do not need to mention about not leaving mess after detecting :) We love our nature and respect laws. But. like in any country, there are groups who don't care. It is easy to lose your reputation.

Good luck.

Edited by Kortesas
  • Like 2

Everyone who wants digging and does not pay attention at restrictions :D But I suggest you to find some colleagues from your city and dig with them, because if you will dig alone, the absence of Lithuanian language knowledge can be a problem in case of troubles with police or angry local people.

Its the same as in Poland. No one looking for historical items, in Poland we looking for Meteorities, i belong to a legal group. But in Police if u have some historical items in home like Fibulas or bronze axes u are a criminalist... Last time if u have coins in home and they catch u in field u will have problems to... Is meteorit looking in Lithuania a Forbiden? In my country are gropus of idiots who dont care about nature and archeology frobiden area... thats why he have problems. 

There were few ancient grave robbers some years ago, now they are in the jail, but till that time, the 99% people who have a detector is a black-archeologist according to the government.

Do you can searching bolids or Meteor here legal ? Is there more web site where i can finde team or member for digging?

Poszukiwanie na plazy jest dozwolone, jezeli nie jest pod obrona panstwa. Jestem z Wilna, jezeli jest mozliwosc przyjechac to mozemy porozmawiac na ten temat, meteoryty tez sa pod obrona, bo to jest zabytek naukowy :)

• Like 1

Do you can searching bolids or Meteor here legal ? Is there more web site where i can finde team or member for digging?

To be honest with you, I have no idea how bolids or meteor are classified in Lithuania. Coming out of common sense, if it fells on private land then finder/landowner has rights to claim for its ownership (private property is everywhere the same). You can't put rights/laws for item that doesn't belong to Earth. But there is always big but.... What if meteor has some sort of life form and etc. ? Then  bearded goat or Lithuanian mafia will come for you to confiscate :D